Who We Are
Laudato Si’ Spirit: Collaboration for Action in the West is an initiative sponsored by the Saint Barbara Province for the Franciscan family in the Western U.S. Our mission is to animate the Franciscan family in the west to fully participate in the Laudato Si’ Action Platform.
We fulfill our mission through:
- Outreach to the Franciscan family (providing education and promotion of the Laudato Si Action’ Platform)
- Recruitment (encouraging and facilitating participation)
- Support (guiding through the registration and enrollment process)
- Accompaniment (supporting communities during the planning process and continued participation)
- Storytelling (sharing struggles and successes)
- Accountability (helping everyone follow through on their plan)
The Saint Barbara Province of Franciscan Friars has created Laudato Si’ Spirit as a way to guide participation in the Laudato Si’ Action Platform and support implementation of Laudato Si’ Action Plans in our entities. We are a collaboration of Franciscans in the Western United States working in tandem with the US-6 Laudato Si’ Action Platform Team.
Read the full Statement of Commitment to the Laudato Si’ Action Platform released by the Provincial Ministers of six OFM provinces in the United States.